Wednesday, September 28, 2011

An Embarassing Pirate Experience



"Hello," the voice on the other end of the phone said.

"Ahoy Mateys! Do you be needin' some escape from swabbin the deck all day? Does ye..."

"Who the fuck is this?" the voice replied angrily.

"Excuse me? I said," with confusion "I was replying to an add on Craigslist for voice talent."

"Oh, yeah, that add was taken down a long time ago." The voice said callously.

"Well, I only saw it a few days ago and it said the deadline was September 29th 2011. The add said to start reading as soon as I heard hello so you could get a feel for how a 'cold listener," would respond. So you can see my confusion."

"Whatever." The voice said before he hung up as if I was inconveniencing him. It was me who had been practicing my pirate voice for the past three days preparing for the "audition." Grrr... the nerve of some people! If you are going to ask someone to do something as humiliating as doing a bucaneer impression for you the least you can do is make it worth their while. Somewhere out there there is someone who either doesn't know how to run an add agency or gets off on hearing pirate voices.

I am almost tempted to post the script and the number...but I am not a vindictive person.

Yarrr... :(

2 comments:

  1. Ahoy!

    That's a heck of a drag of a situation to find yourself in matey!

    On a more casual note, however, that would have been one of the most priceless audio files ever put up on the internet, had it been done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your support but please...don't...tempt me!

    ReplyDelete