Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Crack the Champagne!


I am staring at a tube sock with wonder picking it up and dropping it over and over again.  I look over at my cat, seemingly glued to the bed and I marvelat her.  “Did they find the Higgs Boson today?” I coo to my kitty.  This is a moon landing moment.  It took decades of research from the finest minds in the world on top of billions of dollars of research but we now know exactly how gravity and mass work.  Something that we had previously taken for granted. 

I can only imagine the kind of tantalizing research that this discovery will yield.  Will we find ways to manipulate the bosons, making objects lighter or heavier?  Will we be able to make flying cars that cruise through fields of Higgs particles?  I don’t know but I can’t wait to find out! 

A thought occurs to me.  This is a giant leap for mankind because it explains exactly how Neil Armstrong’s giant leap worked!

No comments:

Post a Comment